JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Tuesday, August 09, 2005  

What a weekend i've just had, and little surprise as to why i'm feeling so tired and sore today.

Began with a marketing breakfast with Michael, seeing me up and out of bed around 6.00am... which for me is fairly unheard of. Interesting topic though, looking at marketing to the baby boomer generation and the myths attached to it. From there, we had a day of brainstorming meetings at work, which felt productive but had me constantly worrying about what other work was coming through, especially since I harboured ambitions to get out early due to my high school 15th anniversary reunion that night. I managed to get out of the office around 4.30pm though, and head my way out to Keilor.

We met over at Matthew Sand's place initially to have a quick bite to eat and a couple of 'encouraging' drinks. I wasn't so much nervous about going, but the closer it was to the event, the more apathetic I felt I was becoming. All day Friday, my only concern seemed to be superficial; that I wasn't the fattest there... or the tiredest... or the baldest... which in the end I wasn't. My motives for going were somewhat a morbid fascination, keen to see what 15 years has done to the young and hopeful I shared my classes with. It turned out to be a bit of an eye opener in many ways.

Firstly, I got the impression I wasn't as unpopular at school as I thought I was. This might have something to do with the fact that I probably didn't like me terribly much in high school, so how could I expect anyone else to? I was greeted extremely warmly by the 10 to 15 former class mates on arrival, almost throwing me into confusion with the scurry around me and my tiredness colliding. I had looked through the list of names the night before that the organizers had managed to contact, and if the truth be known, didn't know/remember/recognize most of them. However, everyone that was there I remembered, and so it was a great evening. Apparently I haven't physically changed much at all since high school, so this is either a great or really horrible thing... i've yet to decide.

I went home and went to bed. I was supposed to go to Rob's 30th, but feeling so tired and drained, knew that it would be pointless. I SMS'd my apologies and fell to sleep, only to be awoken again when Ant got home at 3.30am.

Saturday was all about throwing my mothers pseudo surprise party into action. The plan was that Ant and I were to arrive around 6pm and bring up dinner. At 6.30pm, everyone else was to arrive (bring a plate), and vola!... instant party! The night went well - too much food and mum was suprised. Following on from recent events, it feels like the family are making far more of an effort to see each other more often and keep in touch, which i'm really happy about.

After that, Ant and I caught up with Jimmy and Michael since it has been a couple of weeks, and spent much of Sunday just resting, recovering and recouping.

I have the worst pain in my neck today though - which tends to be a reoccuring theme for me and something I should really see someone about. It is putting me into the foulest mood today though, as no matter what I do, i'm in pain. I can't lie down (apart from the fact that i'm at work) cause it hurts too much. I can't turn my head because it sends a sharp, stiff pain through my body. Someone suggested a massage, but I hate being touched when i'm in pain. Best to just keep going and suffer in silence, hoping that nothing too annoying sparks up my day.

Things that have excited me lately: ...Arrested Development on the comedy channel - very funny and I think I might have to track down the DVD's since they've had a local release... ...bought a new power supply for my keyboard after Sambuca 'ate' the last one, and have been rediscovering my passion for playing with music and experimenting with VSTi's and Cubase SX2... ...Depeche Mode's new single 'Precious' is definitely a return to form for them; subtle but still melodically intriguing... ...and slowly but surely discovered The Killers 'Hot Fuss' album after their fantastic performance of 'All These Things That I've Done' at Live 8 a little over a month ago... ...cheese cake, not because i'm necessarily eating it daily but i've had two in the space of two months to enjoy, and geez - I do love them... ...but that last one makes me look rather daggy.

Best I get back to work - had a lovely spanish rice with chicken for lunch, and although struggling today because of my neck and tiredness, would rather get on with it than not.

   { Lol } { Tuesday, August 09, 2005 } { }


Comments: Post a Comment

Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads