JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Monday, August 15, 2005  

Monday lunchtime... feels like a good time to write in my blog. It gives me a break from the time sheets and last minute orders that inevitably come in. Today, I have a candidate currently registering downstairs while I type this, and feeling all rather reflective today for various reasons.

Weekend... strange one. Ant went to the doctor on Saturday morning to discuss the reoccuring stomach and chest pains he has been having. The doctor, perhaps a little too bluntly, mentioned that it could be something rather serious, and promptly suggested Ant go in for tests. Now, Ant ain't always the most responsible with keeping appointments, but I pointed out to him that, in this instance, it ain't like a cold that is just going to go away. Obviously, our fingers are crossed that it isn't as serious as what the doctor thinks, but i'm stressing to Ant the importance of following up on this.

We ended up going to the Williamstown Concert Bands Last Night Of The Proms on Saturday night, which was rather fun and different. Deborah (as in Colin and Deb) invited us along as she was in the choir, and it was fun to catch up with Colin and Imogen as well. Ant had never been to anything like that before, and I think he enjoyed it although I know his stomach was giving him a lot of grief.

Afterwards, we went to my friend Kieran's 33rd birthday, which was nice since I have not seen Kieran properly in some time. It was a fairly subtle affair by the time we arrived, but we stayed for a few drinks and chatted with Tim and Kieran. Afterwards, at Micheal Ritchie and Lyle's insistence (they came along with Kieran's), we went to The Peel for a little while. Lyle was in monster party mood - I was not. Budget is weighing heavily on my mind lately, and I was concerned that Ant doesn't push himself too much. I feel Lyle felt a little let down that I didn't want to party as much as he did, but I was tired, broke, and moreso concerned about sleep.

We got home fairly early in the morning, and I had a monster sleep in... waking up just in time to accidently let down another friend! I was supposed to catch up with David Knox for brunch. Somehow, I thought we were to make a time on Sunday morning and go from there. However, looking back over email discussions, realised that David had clearly stated midday. D'oh! He was having a shocking morning of his own, and in the end, we decided it was better to just reschedule. It left me feeling awful though, feeling that I had let down a few people this weekend.

I woke up this morning feeling in a foul mood, and not entirely sure why. It was only as I worked through time sheets that the penny dropped, and I remembered that today was Mark's birthday. Mark's ashes were being scattered at the Melton Golf Club today, and when I spoke to Mum before, she said that pretty much everyone except Colin and myself had gone. I had spoken with Colin on Saturday about it, and felt that I had said my goodbyes last month; if I had gone, it would've merely been for support, and knew that many others would've been there to offer that. It worked out to be fortunate, as Michelle at work here had a car accident, Craig was late, and Michael wasn't in, leaving poor Spencer by himself - it would've been hard to cope had I not come in (although i'm sure he would've been able to do it). I am struggling today though, and being shortly after lunch, my mind is already wandering towards hometime. Still, I have one interview and one client visit to get through before then!

Best I get back to it... I have a quarter of a tuna roll to finish and then try to get across as much as I can before I head out (feeling rather scrappy too, I might add). At least my persistent neck pain from last week is beginning to disappear, although still a little tender. Optimistically, although busy, this week should be managable if I get some good sleep tonight.

   { Lol } { Monday, August 15, 2005 } { }


Comments: Post a Comment

Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads