JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Wednesday, July 13, 2005  

So, here we are, a week after Mark's funeral, and things are beginning to settle back down again. I have to admit that I still feel somewhat surreal. There is this realisation that, after something that changes our lives happen, there is this disorientation as you look around the world and wonder why it is still happily spinning the same as it did before. I recognize that this is the same awkwardness I felt after parting way with FMR, wondering how they can so happily spin off like nothing ever happened leaving me feeling like my world had totally been torn apart. And again now, wondering how my family could feel this blow and notice that the rest of the world just seems to have it's same concerns - how to pay this bill, what's on television tonight and what's for dinner.

I'm still finding it a little hard to sleep. Most of the day, i'm fine, almost like everything that has happened over the past few weeks is just one bad dream. It's only when it gets late at night that reality is allowed to creep in, and often then I find myself feeling the loss the most. I remember watching Live 8, wanting for Ant to sleep, and just sobbing while Annie Lennox sang 'Why'. It's those private moments where I actually feel like I can just deal with it.

I do realise I want to get closer to my family. I always thought we were close but Pep's death has highlighted that I feel we could be closer, and that I do honestly love my siblings and crave their respect. In addition, there are so many images from our past that are spread amongst us and I hope to scan these and share them amongst us so that we can keep them digitally. I tend to forget much of my history until I look at these photos of this small kid from the 70's... bad, long hair... in usually very funky kinda clothing that I sometimes wish I could find now... and it's me. The collective share history of my siblings and I over recent years is rather brief, and it would be great to see more written there.

The car repairers said that my car was "about to go into the oven" yesterday. I now have images of me driving a giant cheesecake or twinkie. My car must be baked until golden brown and not too hard in the centre, or something like that.

I'm feeling like i'm getting back into the routine now though - wondering when I should get back to gym (hello, where is the motivation?) - people I need to catch back up with - all that sort of thing. I actually went out this past weekend, cause it had been so long, and after the recent events, felt like it was time to catch up with some friends and take in something different.

My lunch break is coming to an end so I feel like I should get back to floating candidates, schmoozing clients and thinking up some marketing tactics.

   { Lol } { Wednesday, July 13, 2005 } { }


Comments: Post a Comment

Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads