JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Wednesday, June 29, 2005  

Not terribly much to update just yet. A meeting has been called by the doctors with the family at 4pm today, where i'm sure we'll be filled in on where everything is currently at and what we can expect. By nature, I guess we're all fearing the worst, although I did gain some hope when I heard he was breathing without the aid of a machine last night.

The mood at the hospital was rather light and good humoured, which I think really does show that remarkable side to the Akers clan. Even in the face of something so hideous, we never seem to lose our sense of humour, and amongst a lot of the nostalgia last night was a lot of laughter and love, which was good to feel. By the end of the night though, I felt so drained and talked out, and was pleased to hit home, crawl into bed and watch a film. I've been sleeping 'ok', considering the circumstances, although still find my mind often wandering and wondering about Rosie, Mum and Dad.

Mum and Dad seemed a little more calmed yesterday; i'm not sure how much of this is an act or how reconciled they actually are. Rosie spent a little time last night to herself as well, which I felt she really must have needed. It was probably the first opportunity she has had since Sunday night to take everything in, to think beyond the immediate, and to contemplate what possibilities were right in front of her. She has been so remarkably strong over the past few days, holding a brave face, and I really do admire her for keeping her spirit as positive as possible.

I must admit that i've been avoiding calls and questions from friends as much as possible. I sent an email out to immediate friends yesterday, just to fill them in since it felt like something that they would probably want to know sooner than later, but also so that I didn't need to constantly address and re-address it afterwards. I appreciate their love and concern, but I guess in circumstances like this, I do often appreciate my own space and my own time to reflect on everything. I've kept the news pretty tight amongst my circle of friends, not wanting to lay unnecessary awkwardness with anyone, but moreso with those who are likely to call or pop in out of the blue.

If anything, it has been great to see so much of my family over the past few days, although under such horrible circumstances. I found myself utterly drained by the time I left the hospital last night though, finding that I was beginning to go inside myself and just shut down; although this provided much ammunition for Sid. However, to see the family laugh and stick together is a great thing, and i'm glad Sid's loud sense of humour can help maintain that (i'm sure he must be even more exhausted at the end of the day).

I've come into work today (currently on lunch), and even managed to fit in a client visit, which is remarkable considering my head is all over the place at the moment. But I would rather keep myself busy during moments like this than sit around and dwell. It's not a case of denial, but moreso just a chance to allow my mind to focus on other things and to not be consumed with grief. Besides, I know I wouldn't want that if I was in Mark's place, and knowing Mark, he would want us to celebrate his life and show our gratitude for having had him in our lifes.

Mark was a unique soul. What some might consider limitations in certain fields of his life, he used to fuel him forward in other aspects. When I think of Mark, I think of a hard worker who pushed himself to get things done, and someone who was devoted to the people who loved and understood him.

   { Lol } { Wednesday, June 29, 2005 } { }


Comments: Post a Comment

Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads