JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Monday, December 29, 2003  

Fatherhood. It's a wonderful thing. Not that I really know about it. But today was the day where I will probably get the closest to it. Today, little Caspar came into my life. Ahhh, yes... melodramatic phrasing that adds to the corniness of the situation but I have to admit that I am rather cluckly about my little boy cat, Caspar.

It all began last week. Walking along, feel somewhat flat, I ventured into the pet store on Chapel St and started to watch the animals playing there. This has always cheered me up in the past, having spent many of my years growing up with one animal or another around. And then it struck me. If I have to strip away my expenses of late to start to meet budget, which does depress me greatly, then I might as well introduce one 'house oriented' luxury into my life to compensate. And in that moment, I decided that I wanted a pet.

One quiet day recently at work, I stumbled across this site, and in turn this site, and found Caspar. I whole heartedly recommend you all look at Ingrid's site, if you're after a new pet. Ingrid takes in all the animals that have been abandoned or treated cruelly, nurses them back to health, and then finds them new homes. Caspar was $90, and that is after he has been desexed, vaccinated and wormed! A rather good deal if I don't mind saying so myself.

And with no further ado, here is a picture of Caspar and I, taken earlier tonight.



From this picture, you can see a few observational truths.

Firstly, yes, I seem to be gaining weight and look more like a kitten play mound than Lawrence from 12 months ago. Secondly, you can also see that there is an instant rapport going on between my pussy and I (cue 'Are You Being Served?' theme music) and I think I couldn't have been luckier with the kitty I now call my own.

Even on the car trip home, I was amazed at how calm and placid Caspar was. I keep thinking back to my childhood pets, who all seemed to have hated car travel. Johnson, especially, would always seemingly have 'an accident' of some kind and have claws flying everwhere within minutes of leaving home. But Caspar would occasionally meow, and then stick out a little paw (no claws) for us to stroke.

He is, without doubt, one of the most affectionate cats i've ever come across. By the end of the night, he was crawling all over Ant and I like he had known us all his life, and was most upset when I had to put him in his room and shut the door when we wanted to eat dinner. I was concerned about how he would react tonight when it was time to go to bed and he was placed in his room, but he is being as quiet as anything as I type this and I just feel like we've got the right cat for our home.

Speaking of home, Andrew and my respective boyfriends seem hell bent on spoiling us. For Christmas, Ant bought me this enormous new computer desk for my room (which i'm currently sitting at). I've placed the old desk in Caspar's room, and reminded Ant that we've only been seeing each other for a few months and while I appreciate this show of generosity, it does freak me out a little. I know he is like that though, and all his friends keep telling that he is the happiest they've ever seen him, so I guess I shouldn't look a gift Ant in the mouth.

Mark, Andrew's partner, started this crusade to do our backyard too, and even I have to marvel at the state it is currently in. It's always been just this big old mess, but it is actually looking half decent at the moment. Infact, i'm feeling more houseproud now than I think i've ever been before, and more determined to stay in my home. Andrew is an amazing housemate, and has truly made me appreciate what it is to have a housemate again, so I hope he is happy.

Other news... not entirely sure... it is fast approaching 1am here and, since I have to work tomorrow, thinking I should probably hit bed. I know I should write about Christmas and all, but i'm also beginning to appreciate the fact that my blogs are becoming more and more about being on less obvious topics and more on smaller things that make a difference to me. I mean, how many times can I write about going out, getting trashed, and which amazing friends I did it with... although hopefully this upcoming NYE will be something to write about.

But I am a 'responsible parent' now, or at least a cat owner, and so I guess that will make up a large part of my movements in the future.

I'm not sure if I said this before, as I rarely recheck my entries before I type (I don't proof these either... it's just blah straight from the mind to the screen and if it doesn't make sense, stiff!)... BUT, I have to marvel at the difference in 'my worlds' from December 2002 to December 2003. There are some truly sad differences, and things that I miss. And then there are some truly wonderful differences, that have brought out newer and more intriging me (well, to me anyway). But regardless, it feels like the Lawrence that greeted 2003 is totally different from the one about to see in 2004. This is neither something i'm celebrating or missing, but more an observation at how much a world can change in a short amount of time.

   { Lol } { Monday, December 29, 2003 } { }


Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads