JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Saturday, November 29, 2003  

Lazy days...

Here I am, on a Saturday afternoon, shortly after midday, and I have to admit that this is the first Saturday in ages where i've felt like I have little to do. Basic plan for the day; a bit of shopping and gym, and that's about it. I guess after this past week at work, where it has been rather chaotic (understatement), to just have a day filled with potential nothing is rather blissful. Even Bnews managed to successfully forget about my review samples this week, and so I haven't even got new titles there to review just yet (will keep calling Mike). But on the whole, it is an amazing day weather wise in Melbourne, and it feels like a good day to pop on a pair of sunglasses, and get out there, pretending to spend money i'm not likely to have for many more years.

I reread my last blog entry and felt the shared two lines for Andrew and Ant may have been a little dismissive, regardless of the content of the lines. Just wanted to stress that this isn't the case, just that I was tired and there are only so many ways of saying that things are all good... all gravy... Andrew has met a rather lovely man himself, and so the household all seems very 'wholesome' lately! lol!

Other recent things that have rocked my world... I received a phone call recently at work from David 'Miss Margeaux' Watson. I often find it difficult to successfully articulate my thoughts for someone like David because they're so exceedingly high that i'm not sure I capture it all properly. David is someone who I adore because he is fun... he affirms life... and yet he is very human and approachable... he is open minded... he challanges the way we think... and he is strong, although will openly admit when he feels vulnerable. He has a uniqueness about him that makes people over the other side of the world, sitting in a room together, suddenly say something like "I wish Margeaux was here cause he would LOVE this!" I used to sit and wonder why friends become friends... why there is that spark amongst certain people that confirm they will always feel comfortable and loved around each other and where it comes from... and now i've given up trying to work that out, just thankful that these 'ignitions' exist. Margeaux is one such flame. Not only does he see those flickers of passion for music and fun and boys that I have inside me, but his own enthusiasm fans it to burn brighter and hotter and even more fierce. And that's why I love our Margeaux, cause he reminds me of how good it is to be alive and to just do it. And in fact, I think that is one of the key elements for many of my friends. No longer do I want drama. No longer do I require negetivity. If you want my respect, my adoration and my love, all you simply need to do is give it back out, and i'll be there.

So, enough rambling... Margeaux called... and it was great to just hear his voice again. One thing with my friends; we might not always be in touch constantly, but you can be sure that when we are in touch, it will be like we just spoke yesterday. I guess Lyle, another close friend of mine, is like that. After years of living together and sharing experiences, I think our friendship has reached a point where it is permenant. I don't need to speak to him daily or weekly to know he is there, or to be part of his life, cause I know we will always care for each other. And, as the old cliche goes, if he was to phone me and say 'be here now'... i'd be there.

Anyway, not sure where that rambling came from since, essentially, I logged on just to write a few lines, but hey... glad it was something a little more wordy than 'Margeaux and Lyle are good'.

No Doubt... was very excited when I read the latest Rolling Stone and found out that, if No Doubt had not covered Talk Talk's 'It's My Life', they would've gone for INXS's 'Don't Change' or Depeche Mode's 'Question Of Lust'. HOW disappointed am I that I didn't get to hear No Doubt, who I have an increasing appreciation for with each passing single, covering two of my favourite bands.

Bit of a run down of some of my current fave music and la la:



Kylie Minogue - Body Language... although there is a wicked mix of 'Slow' going around by the Chemical Brothers, and additionally, new mixes of her classic 'Confide In Me' that give the track a slightly electro-pop feel.



Robbie Williams - What We Did Last Summer: Live At Knebworth... along with the CD, the new single for 'Sexed Up', and the upcoming tour with Machine Gun Fellatio and Duran Duran... yeah, bring it all on!



Depeche Mode - 101... finally on DVD! Now if they could just hurry up and get 'Devoted', possibly my favourite concert video release onto DVD, i'd be very happy!



Various - Stereo Soundclash... one very fun compilation that mixes in dance, electro-clash and a bit of indie punk. Who would've thought they'd all go hand in hand together so well?



U2 - Go Home; Live At Slane Castle... Ok, admittedly, some of these choices are a little predictable for me... I mean, Depeche Mode... Kylie... U2... it's my staple music diet... but they are worth while.

I still need to grab the new Pet Shop Boys, Lord Of The Rings Two Towers, and a multitude of other goodies that I noticed are getting released... I guess I won't continually fill up my blogs with what i'm listening to but I guess it will be useful to look back on this as all being part of tha 'soundtrack of your life' experience.

Anyway, i've killed some time so perhaps it's time to hit the shower and get my day underway...

PS. Yes, it is true that i'm harbouring secret ambitions to one day convince Ant to turn his mobile phone off from the constant SMS's...

   { Lol } { Saturday, November 29, 2003 } { }


Comments: Post a Comment

Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads