JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Wednesday, October 08, 2003  

The Fulfillment begins...

Like exercise, I thought the best time to probably write this quick blog entry was in the morning prior. Today, I begin with CD Fulfillment Australia, part of Shock Records. I think everyone knows how important landing back in the music industry was for me, and therefore, how important this role is. I'm not nervous about it at all... infact, i'm more nervous about figuring out the quickest route there... but it does feel like the beginning of the 'next chapter' in so many ways. I keep thinking of a quote I saw in a recent book on Australian promoters that basically said that if you didn't lose a large sum of money in a short amount of time, you weren't a real promoter... It keeps reminding me that we all have set backs occasionally, and it is more to do with how we choose to deal with them and move on from them that sets each other apart. Some will let it devastate them. Others will accept that it is a fact of life and learn from it. Either way, I guess the whole lesson from what I feel I should be learning about this year is shaping up to be about 'priority'... about realising that true importance of some things and the illusion (or dellusion) that we have about others. I prefer not to be deluded anymore. It IS still important to work in a field that I feel is my home... but it is important to realise how much it is still just a job, and that outside of that, I have a home, family, friends and goals that I still should be greeting and achieving.

You would think from my recent lack of blog entries that i've been sitting at home pretty much doing nothing lately... but then I think when I sit around doing nothing is when you actually do get the most blog action from me. I will sit down when I find a spare fifteen minutes or so and write something a little more comprehensive about the last few days... about seeing 'Mambo Italiano' on the weekend... about spending a bit of time with Ant... about catching up with David Knox, Dean and Cam last night for dinner... my final day at Alphalink... and my last two days off, filled with parents, a tiny bit of gym and wrapping up some loose ends... in short, it feels good to start today knowing that, although at great financial cost (it's only money), that I can finally begin to move on... and perhaps give the bird to a few people in the process.

   { Lol } { Wednesday, October 08, 2003 } { }


Comments: Post a Comment

Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads