JUST LA LA

JUST LA LA

 

 

 
       
 

 Monday, August 18, 2003  

Alpha...link

Ok, so working systematically though my life here... work... one week down at Alphalink... Check 'em out. In terms of a company, they actually do offer really good value for their members, and this is based on one weeks experience.

I have to admit that I was fairly bored last week. The staff there are really really lovely. Infact, I don't think I could've asked for more lovely people to work with. Leanne, my boss, is just wonderful and speaks so highly of me. Sharon on front desk is just a great lady to spend time with. Danielle and JP on the phones are hysterical in two very different ways. And of course there is Ness, the woman who put my foot in their door in the first place, who has been a friend of mine for sometime (and another reason why I accepted the job there).

But I have discovered how much I really thrive on being kept busy, and during my last few months at FMR, realised that the more responsibility I had, the better I worked. I felt totally on fire during the last few months at FMR, like what I was doing made a real difference, and it is with a combination of pride and sadness that I see both the Gerling and Amiel albums get released this week... pride for having been involved in seeing it get there, but sadness at not being there at 'their birth'.

More on that after... back to Alphalink... i'm on a trial period there, and out of respect to them, I think I should stick it out just to see if my thoughts change. But by the end of the week, I found myself trying to think up new strategies for them to bring customers in and keep them in, and plotting to see how I could get music into the office (it is totally void of music... i'm sure most of you would know how much that kills me more than anything else!)

Just a...link

One thing that did put things a little into perspective was this article I found online at The Age website about a 54 year old woman who has just had to start going on the dole after years of being an executive. It is a frightening read, but if you can spare the 10 minutes to read it, it made me feel like a right arrogant twat for complaining as much as I do about work. I mean, i'm only 30 - i've still got so much ahead of me and if I don't get plagued with the bad luck i've recently experienced again, can hopefully rebuild a career. But when you've had years of being a strong, hard worker and you go through what this woman has, I can understand why some of the experiences reduced her to tears.

'Audio Out' and 'BadBlood!!!'

Amiel and Gerling... yep, the two kids are out on the streets now, and i'm proud of both of them. It's funny watching online reaction in forums to the albums, being that i've lived with both for some time now. Its like one of our little secrets is out there, and i've always enjoyed that feeling of seeing people discover something i've equally loved passionately.

There is actually a song on the Amiel album that sums up how I feel towards FMR at the moment... anyone with half a brain and a hampster on a wheel should be able to figure it out (Amiel's publicist, Ange, would know which one i'm referring to immediately as we often discussed this song.) One clue - Parisi, my old boss, was referred to as 'papa' in the office. I'm not telling you what it is though, cause I want you to go out and buy it and figure it out... first prize... um... i've buy you dinner or something...

I heard on FOX FM tonight the announcer compare Amiel to Jewel. I wanted to bitch slap him. Sure, they will focus on both their lyrically capability, but Amiel will never be as superficial and fake as that fluro clad songstress (note: hope I don't get some nasty email about bagging Jewel here). The basic point of all this rambling - they're both great albums so make sure you go out and buy them, cause they really are that good...

Projects

Actually, David will kill me for saying this cause it is too soon, but one thing I am excited about lately is offering to work with David Knox on his new potential production. For those that don't know David's work, he wrote/produced and directed the 'Kylie musical' I Should Be So Lucky during the 2002 Midsumma Festival (mentioned in 32 countries... he loves that stat). Can't really say too much about it yet obviously, but the new concept is excellent and very exciting, and i'm personally honoured that he is allowing me the opportunity to get involved cause I believe he is an enormous talent. It's not something i've done before... but I think it's something I will enjoy doing. Obviously, will keep you all posted and if it goes ahead, you will be expected to come...

JOY respond

Lastly, after all my rah rah's about JOY FM in recent times, I should say that I got a call from their station manager, Paul, who thanked me for my thoughts. He even commented that there were things there that they hadn't thought of, and told me that they were planning to put together a marketing committee in a few months time and asked if I would be interested in getting involved. I immediately said that I would, as I feel JOY has a lot to offer, but I guess we'll see how open they are to change when the time comes. He did phone to tell me that I didn't get the job, which I found amusing since I had already withdrawn my application, and took some pleasure in reminding him of that (you can't fire me cause I quit moment).

Fin

That should be enough for now... did receive a copy of the Robbie Williams recent Knebworth concert on DVD from the UK and wow... what a fantastic show! Hot rumour is that he might be here before the end of the year again, so i'm rather excited about that... He even performed 'We Will Rock You' during the show... and speaking of which (nice link there), i'll chase up tickets over the next week or so for those that said 'yay' to coming to see the musical... apparently ticket prices are up around the $80 mark but i'll suss it all out and get back to y'all.

   { Lol } { Monday, August 18, 2003 } { }


Comments: Post a Comment

Lol Related Links

Just La La
SOLD On Vanity
Artisan Recruitment

Favourite Links

Blog Templates
Esprit International
Rather Good
Ebay Australia
Happy Hunter

What Lol Listened To This Week
LawrenceOz's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

Listed on BlogShares

Description

Life, love and vodka.

Archives

August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 September 2007 October 2007 March 2008

Powered By





 
sponsors
Free Web Counter
insurance leads